Texas Gulf Coast
and Boat Tour
Contact or 858-485-8199
to reserve your place on the tour.
We only accept PAYPAL(3% fee) or check/cash.
* Some photos provided by California Wolf Center
Join us to photograph the Texas Gulf coast during the spring migration period. See one of the rarest birds in North America, along with overwhelming number of resident and migrating shore birds. I have 4 openings for a boat tour (4-6 hours) to Port Aransas Wildlife refuge, named the #5 best birding area in the USA. This boat has a shallow draft which allows it to get into areas that larger boats are not able to. This also allows the boat to get in close to the birds and have the boat sit on the bottom to make it as stable as possible. If you enjoy bird photography this is the boat for you.
Cost - see email for Rates
- One of six spots on chartered boat designed for photographers. Wednesday March 11th
- There is no instruction other than good natured discussion amongst photographers.
- Boat leaves the Sea Gun Marina at 7am sharp!
(located 10 Miles North of Rockport on highway 35)
DSLR or mirrorless camera - Lens min 200mm or longer (500mm is better)
Small gear bag
- Ground transportation, lodging, food and personal items and any parking fees. (if applicable)
- Hotel Hampton Inn or Fairfield have been recommended
Directions and additional materials will be provided after sign up
- Your are responsible for any personal accidents or incidents during event and/or transportation to and from site.
Contact me to sign up for this trip.
Refund Policy: Reservation payment is Non-Refundable. You can sell your spot to another person up to 1 week prior. RADykstra Photography ( here-forth RAD) reserves the right to cancel any event or activity due to insufficient registration or any unforeseen circumstances. RAD will offer refunds for our cost only if RAD has to cancel the event. No other costs such as transportation or other reservations are covered. Note: Boat captain determines if any refunds for bad weather will occur. We do all we can to get as much photography as possible given the weather conditions, but we will not place anyone in harms way by going outdoors in harsh weather as determined by guide