Bosque Del Apache Tour
Including White Sands National Monument.
December 1-5, 2019 - Only $400
Contact RADykstra.firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-485-8199
to reserve your place on the tour.
We only accept PAYPAL(3% fee) or check/cash.
* Some photos provided by California Wolf Center
Come join us for this wonderful opportunity to photography tens of thousands of wild animals and birds. Bosque Del Apache is a wildlife refuge along the upper Rio Grande river. Approximately 50,000 snow geese and 10,000 sand hill cranes migrate here each winter. These wetlands provide critical habitat, protection, and food for thousands of migrating waterfowl and a bewildering variety of wildlife. Ducks, hawks, eagles, blackbirds, ravens, coots, and other birds along with occasional mammals, such as mule deer, coyotes, bob cats, javelina and jackrabbits are seen regularly and up-close. All this and landscape photography locations. BTW, the sunsets are amazing!
Additionally, you will receive a pdf presentation on how to photograph wildlife, and set up your camera for the best success and time to discuss it and ask questions. I will also guide you to some of the better viewing locations.
We will meet in the evening of Dec 1st in the hotel, dining area and coordinate events.
I have 10 hotel rooms reserved. Cost TBD for now. should be approx $65 per night.(+taxes/fee)
Day 1 Transportation to Socorro New Mexico. Meet at 7pm to get information.
Day 2-3 Meet for quick breakfast at 5:45-6:00 am. We need to be on site no later than 6:25 am
- After the "blast off" we'll will take a leisurely tour of the refuge in the morning,
- Mid-day free time for lunch or to explore more on your own
- Meet at visitors center at 3:30pm to drive to sunset location.
Day 4 Meet for breakfast 5:45-6:00 am and go to site by 6:25
- After the "blast off" we'll check out of our hotel in Socorro (10am) and drive to Alamogordo NM. with some photographic stops and lunch along the way.
- Afternoon 2:30 we meet and go to White Sands National Monument, (until dark)
Day 5 Meet for Breakfast 6:15 Leave for White Sands sunrise 6:35am
- spend the morning exploring White Sands for a different light angle.
- Trip officially ends after the morning section. You are free to remain or transport home.
DSLR camera - Lens min 200mm or longer (500mm is better)
Tripod or monopod. Especially for early morning and late afternoon sessions.
- Ground transportation, lodging, food and personal items and any parking fees. (if applicable)
- Optional Hotel package will be available with Group rates. TBA
- National refuge pass ($5 per day)
(unless you have an annual "America the Beautiful" pass)
Directions and additional materials will be provided after sign up
- Your are responsible for any personal accidents or incidents during event and/or transportation to and from site.
Camera modes, exposure settings, and autofocus options.
Understanding “Creative” settings, depth of field, Hyperfocal distance
Discussion of compositional elements, techniques and concerns
Wildlife shooting issues, timing, behaviors
In addition, Randy will be available to answer questions share tips, tricks and suggestions as applicable or on request. He will be available to assist, support and answer any questions and can help you by reviewing specific photos if requested.
Costs: - $400 Includes
- Guidance and instruction throughout the refuges
- 40 page Pre-trip instructional PDF - Tips and information about photographing Wildlife.
- Instructional session.
- Share and learn session.
- All permits.
$100 non-refundable deposit required to reserve spot.
Balance is due 60 days prior to trip.
Send Deposit Now!
Contact me to sign up for this trip.
Pay Balance Due
Refund Policy: Reservation deposit is Non-Refundable. 100% refund of remaining balance (minus any credit card charges) is available up to 60 days prior to event. 50% of balance is available up to 30 days prior Within 30 days no refund is available. You can sell your spot to another person up to 1 week prior. RADykstra Photography ( here-forth RAD) reserves the right to cancel any event or activity due to insufficient registration or any unforeseen circumstances. RAD will offer refunds for our cost only (-$50 service fee) if RAD has to cancel the event. No other costs such as transportation or other reservations are covered. RAD recommends travel insurance. World Nomads or Allianz are two good sources. Note: no refunds for bad weather, we do all we can to get as much photography as possible given the weather conditions, but we will not place anyone in harms way by going outdoors in harsh weather as determined by guide